Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Push up O'Clock


Yesterday I started back on the road to a fitter, healthier me.  The detour wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  When I got on the scale, it was 254.  I thought it was going to be much higher. Whew.  Still, that set me back to mid-June before all my travels and vacations and that's a little sad.  I have to remember that any time I have derailed in the past, it set me back decades.  So this is most definitely progress.

The key components to my getting on track have to include:

  • Eating healthy, whole, and whenever possible, organic foods
  • Eating appropriate quantities of foods
  • Reducing or eliminating processed foods
  • Doing some form of aerobic workout (treadmill, biking, etc.)
  • Doing some weight training
  • Doing some toning exercises
My food is pretty much in check and I've gotten back into recording what I eat on my Weight Watchers tracker.  Accountability like that is important for someone like me who can delude herself rather easily.  I have not started the aerobics.  I keep having a panicky "I MUST do this" or "I HAVE to" feeling, which somehow paralyzes me.  I'll work through that, but in the meantime, at least some toning and resistance exercise is occurring.  

This exercise is in the form of "Push-up O'Clock."

At the top of every hour, all my coworkers and I get together and do just a couple minutes of some form of exercise, such as:
  • As many push-ups as we can
  • As many sit-ups as we can
  • Push-ups against the wall
  • Squats
  • Lunges
  • Crunches
  • Anything else someone comes up with
We did this all day yesterday, and after just one little day I have somehow managed to make every part of my body a little bit sore.  I'm GLAD!  This actually feels good and is a reminder that I'm doing something good for my body.  Yay!

I'm going to continue the push-up o'clocks and enjoy the results (my shoulders will start to be sculpted again...doing various kinds of push-ups are awesome for the shoulders!)  

I may have to alter the schedule a little though.  Because 3:00 p.m. has been my choco'clock for months.  I grab a square or two of 72% or greater dark chocolate and a cup of coffee as my daily reward for all my healthy choices. And if I'm going to get back into the swing of things, I'm not willing to give up the rewards.  So after a moment of consideration, I have decided choco'clock will be at 3:30 pm.  Done and done.

Grab folks at your office and get them doing push-up o'clock with you!  I bet they'll love it and you'll get pretty quick rewards.  If you try it, let me know!!!

4 comments:

  1. Im so glad you r back with your plan. You seem happier and smile easier when your doing the Right Thing. Im proud of you for getting back on track. Im sure you will continue to make the Right Choices. love ya..Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Our greatest fear was realized yesterday: The boss's boss came in during a pushup o'clock. There we all are, on all fours, raising one leg in the air (looked like a dog peeing probably lol) and in he walked. We were like deer in the headlights! Fortunately, he LOVED the idea that we do this and encouraged us to keep going. Frankly, it makes the day sail by so much faster AND we're getting healthier AND we get to walk away from the 'puters for a couple minutes per hour. I think all offices should do this. Just don't wear a dress or skirt or low blouse. I have learned none of the above works that well when exercising with coworkers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting an excersise program at lunch in my office. How is this program coming along? I am thinkin' squats and various stretching excersises. I am also ordering some of those huge balls to sit on instead of chairs. I think they are good for the abs and back?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...