Search This Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 28: Now and Then

Don't really know if you can see the difference, but on the left is a picture taken at lunch with coworkers as I celebrated my 46th birthday yesterday.  On the right is exactly one year ago, at lunch, with the same coworkers.  That day, December 28, 2010, was "the last supper", or the last time I allowed myself a free-for-all piggout for any meal.  Here's the blog post from that day:


December 28, 2010 Blog Entry

There is about an 80 pound difference between the two pictures.  And that's surely not the only difference!

I am a much more confident me.  I feel like I have so many more goals than I used to have.  I have many more things I want to accomplish or experience in life. I'm no longer one to really just sit on the sidelines and watch life.  I want to jump in there and participate whenever possible!

In a way it's made me look closer at the poor choices that got me so far away from my dreams and goals (from decades ago.)  And That's OKAY.  You can't fix what you don't acknowledge, right?

Anyway, here's another before/after.  The before was the first week of January when I was waiting to get my laser hair removal (eeks.)  The after was taken yesterday.


Sometimes, I just can't believe either is really me.

:-)

8 comments:

  1. Wow wee, you do look amazing. Quite a difference!The laser hair removal picture and yesterday pic is crazy! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. I can't wait to lose the last 60+..holy cow.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU. LOOK. MAHHHVELOUS!!! You are truly an inspiration to me, Carly. You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful!
    I'm ready to set some goals with the New Year and hope I can make even some of the progress you have! WTG girl. @

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super progress! And through it all you have the same sunny smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hunny (omg! Lol I feel so strange using that word! I'mma restart this post and call you something I'm a bit more comfy with! Haha).....

    Oh OLDIE ( :D there...MUCH better!) happy birthday!
    This post isjust what I needed tonight! Been a long week and getting this post in my e-mail has just completely boosted my spirits again.

    I love hearing when things are going well for you.

    I wish soooooo bad that I could give you a real life 3D bear hug right now!
    Instead you'll have to settle with a great big NON-real life NON-3D E-(((HUG))) hehe

    (((((((((((((((((((((GREAT Aunty Carly)))))))))))))))))))))

    Thank you for making my day better...and happy birthday!!!............
    .....
    ........
    YOU OLD WOMAN!

    hehehehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your picture today reminds me of watching you grow up with all the normal beauty of the young and very pretty and you still are...or are once again. What a journey you have made Love you very much!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...