Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

70 Down, 70 to Go

I hit the EXACT halfway mark today.  As of 5:00 a.m. this morning, I am down precisely 70 pounds, with exactly 70 more to go.  WOOHOO!

It's exciting and I feel great---better than I have in decades.  I no longer smoke.  I exercise regularly.  As I posted about yesterday, there are so many things I can do now that I couldn't do before.  Like seeing my feet, for instance.  ;-)   I have newly restored dreams and hopes and a belief that there is a lot more living for me to do.  It's all good.

Still.

It can be daunting to look out on the horizon to try to see the next 70 pounds coming off.  This isn't my first rodeo.  I know this second half is going to require more effort, more commitment, more exercise, less calories, more creativity......and more drive.

It can be difficult because I do feel pretty good already.  I can't even fathom what losing more is going to feel like - it's been so long since I was in this territory (close to two decades) and I haven't been near my goal weight since I was a teenager!  (and that only lasted a couple of years).

I have no doubt in my mind that I'm going the distance.  I didn't come this far to turn back now.  No freaking way.

I just need to keep chasing out any UNhelpful thoughts, and keep making solid "next right choices" each day, to the best of my ability.  And remember that sometimes a great choice will include detouring over to a hot fudge sundae with my son or enjoying a cookout with the family.  And that's OKAY.  In fact, over thr 4th of July weekend I have already given myself permission to eat a nice juicy burger, some of my mom's potato salad (hear that mom?  *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*),  and maybe even have a Bailey's or two.

Remember my post on INCREMENTALITY?  It's how I got here, and it's how I plan on getting to the finish line.  One bite at a time, one step at a time.

♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...