Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bolthouse Farms Vinaigrette: Review

I have found my new best dressing!  It's Bolhouse Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil Raspberry Merlot Vinaigrette.  This stuff is fabulous!

It has a nice fairly rich flavor, it's not "diet" and there are no artificial sweeteners.  In fact, they use apple juice and sugar to sweeten it.  And it uses real olive oil as well as flaxseed oil, so the Omega-3 is high.

It's a downright health food!

And coming in at only 30 calories for 2 tablespoons...we have us a winner!

So my recommendation:  4.5 stars out of 5.  Yum.

Now on the subject of salads....I want to speak to the fact that you HAVE to eat in order to lose weight.  I am learning that you just can't skip meals, and that regardless of what time of day, your body needs those dark leafy greens and crunchy veggies.

Last night I was tired (worked very late) and had a lot of packing to do and didn't feel like eating.  But I made myself by grabbing a handful of baby spinach, tossing on some feta, and some of this dressing.  My body was happy and it occurred to me:  With all the travel I've been doing, there have been two constants.  I have been drinking Emergen-C daily, and eating my dark leafies daily.  And despite being on planes and stuck in rooms with coughing sneezing people, I haven't been sick, tired, run down or otherwise not feeling well,  Cause and effect?  I think so.

So here's to getting those veggies and here's to getting them with tasty low cal dressing on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...