Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another Milestone Behind Me (pardon the pun)

Well, well, well.  There are some things I know that I AM, and some things that I know I am NOT.

For instance, I am NOT:
  • Super obese
  • Morbidly obese, or
  • Severely obese
Nope, this chick is now officially run-of-the-mill, ordinary, garden variety, simply "obese."

I started this trek with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 45.9 which is the "Super obese" category.  In this category, many people require special-made caskets when they die because they cannot fit into a regular one.  Granted, I was only a few pounds into the category, but that is, most definitely, where I started. I blogged about it a little here:  http://thenextrightchoice.blogspot.com/2011/03/scale-my-legs-and-some-bmi-info.html

I have gone through 3 complete obesity categories and have landed in the 4th and final.  My BMI is 34.4.

If you'd like to calculate your own, here's a link:  WebMD BMI Calculator

Can I just say how proud I am of myself?  I have worked hard on this zig-zaggy ride, but I am staying the course and steadily getting where I want to be.

In 33 more pounds, I will no longer be obese AT ALL.  I will just be "overweight."  I know overweight (allegedly, according to a piece of paper) people who I think are simply gorgeous and completely fit.  I am sooooooooo close to getting there.

So that's my next "number" goal.  I'm not all that worried about it, either, because I know I'm going the distance this time.  Yup, I really am.













1 comment:

  1. I have different categories.
    I feel I was well on the road to "Jerry Springer obese." That's where they eventually have to saw you out through the side of your house because you can't fit through the doors anymore.
    IN NO SMALL PART TO INSPIRATION FROM YOU I now feel like I'm no longer on the verge of "waddling obese" which is where you have to walk sort of from side to side because your legs don't swing forward anymore.
    Right now I think I'm pretty close to moving out of "Wow! Did she gain weight!" obese which is where your size is the most remarkable thing anyone remembers about you.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...