Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Year of Me - 2011 - Extreme Makeover Edition

Hi!  My name is Carly and I am a 44 year old divorced single mom of one terrific son (age 11.)  I have a long life history that is colorful, from child sexual abuse to branching out on my own at age 18, marrying and divorcing a man who became physically and sexually abusive (more on him in later posts), getting into some therapy, marrying and divorcing an emotional and financial abuser (more on him later, too) and finally realizing, at the age of 39, that I am worth more, worth fighting for, worth figuring out this whole life thing before it's too late.

So at age 39, on tax day, April 15, 2005, I left my ex and started on this new leg of my journey.  It's now December 2010 and I have done a lot of emotional work that has begun a major life transformation.  In fact, there's been a pretty extreme makeover already done on the inside.

Now I'm ready to have all those internal changes reflected on the outside.

This is THE YEAR OF ME.

I'm going to journal throughout 2011 (kind of like Julie and Julia) what this process is like for me, in the hopes that it may give others ideas, or strength, or hope that no matter what your past, you get to write your future and find your happy ending.

I've already started a little of the process and will start sharing about it (getting a little head start on my year!)

I hope you enjoy this blog and if you like it, follow it and share it with your friends!

Huge hugs,
Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...