Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Who's Nuts?

On the way to my son's baseball game this weekend, we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast-on-the-go.  I opted for the oatmeal (no brown sugar, thank you) and a yogurt parfait; my son got a breakfast sandwich.  Though we didn't order one, they also put a hash brown in the bag.  My son doesn't like them and I wasn't going to blow the calories on it.  So I kept it in the bag, added the oatmeal and yogurt containers, folded the bag and tossed it in a trash can at the ball field.

About an hour later I walked back to the car to get something, when I spotted something on the ground (if you click on any of the pictures they will enlarge):


Apparently a squirrel had gotten into the trash, opened the bag, dug to the bottom, retreived the whole hashbrown, and managed to get it several yards away to the bottom of the tree.

I saw him grab it and then try several times to climb the tree with it.



I was pretty impressed with his persistence.  I was also impressed at how the hash brown stayed together.  Whenever I try to eat one it falls apart the second I pick it up!

After a few tries he made the trek up the tree and stopped on a high branch.  At this point I'm not sure if he was more annoyed with me walking around the tree, laughing, taking pictures....or with the process in general.



At some point he just stared at me as if to say, go ahead, take your silly pictures, I'll just sit here and munch, thankyouverymuch.


-------------------------------------------

The whole thing was funny, but I kept thinking....I feel your pain, buddy.  I know the lengths I would go to in order to eat what I wanted.  I would work hard at it, too.  And if possible, I'd climb way up to the highest branch so no one could see me or bother me while I was eating it, also.

See...we can learn from nature.  Persistence pays.  Oh yeah, and one man's trash is another squirrel's treasure.

:-)

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 16, 2011

    I know u have been busy. But...im missing your wit. It makes me smile in the morning. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...