Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Al Fresco Chicken Sausages: Review

I'm in love with a sausage!

A couple of months ago I discovered the Al Fresco line of chicken sausages at my closest supermarket (Super Fresh.) I have since seen it in other stores around town as well.

It is fantastic!

I stay away from red meat most of the time.  I don't even think I eat it once per week anymore.  I avoid greasy foods or really fatty foods like kielbasa or sausage most of the time as well. So finding this is a treasure!  All the taste without the fat.

They have several varieties/flavors including:






And their website has a gazillion recipes:  Al Fresco website

What I like is that the meals are simple and quick to prepare.  I just threw a bag of sauerkraut into a crockpot with a sliced apple and a big handful of frozen sliced onions, along with 4 apple sausage links, set it on low and left for work.  When I came home I had an awesome main dish ...  that is only 4 weight watchers points!  (I used 8 points because I had two sausages with the veggies.)

I keep getting surprised that healthy can be also quick and easy. Who knew? It just takes a little creativity and planning.  And I'm finding that once I have some of these things down pat, they become more automatic.  I can't wait until this is all just "who I am" and it's all on auto pilot.

I think I'm halfway there already!  Anyhow, bon appetit!  Let me know if you have ever had these or if you decide to try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...