Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sometimes.....Bread Happens

So I'm working crazy hours and eating all my meals out at the present time. There's not any choice in that.  And I've done a great job in selecting healthy meals - salads, salmon, avoiding the "extras" and bringing healthy snacks to work with me, etc. I'm not tracking the weight watchers points at all, but I think I'm right in the ballpark.  I have a pretty strong sense of what's "too much" these days, what are good choices and what are not so good choices.

Which brings me to last night's dinner.  I ordered a nice half roasted chicken with fingerling potatoes and grilled vegetables.  I was extra hungry so I thought a side salad would be good.  It was! What I didn't plan on was the extra bread plate they sent up with the meal.

I am a carb addict (this isn't speculation; history has proven this time and again.)  I have avoided bread like crazy for a few months.  I'll have an occasional wrap, or a whole grain bagel now and then, but for the most part, I get my carbs from vegetables, beans, etc.

The bread plate had warm bread and real butter.  IT WAS ALL DELICIOUS.  *sigh*  I had one, then another and then .... the plate was gone.  I want to feel bad, but I really don't.  I've been working my arse off for weeks both on this food and exercise plan and for my job.  Given the many other "bad" choices I could make each day (folks have brought in brownies and cookies etc. to work each day), I think I did okay.  This is a lifestyle change for the long haul.  I don't want to be perfect or "all or nothing" or "black and white."  I want to know it's okay to have those days, those moments where I just want what I want and that is part of the success formula.....allowing for the occasional departure for the norm.

Sometimes, bread happens.

And That's OKAY.

(Side note: I may do a little extra treadmill time this morning and try to burn one of thse buns off of one of my buns lol)

:-)

1 comment:

  1. Do you think they have a Carb Addicts Anonymous? I'm right there with you, my sister!

    You're doing an amazing job.

    karen

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...