Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beautifully Imperfect

If I were perfect, I would not be able to relate to others.
If I were perfect, I would not appreciate reaching a goal after struggling.
If I were perfect, I would not have compassion
If I were perfect, I would not know the heavy heart of guilt and shame.
If I were perfect, I would not reach out to others with empathy.
If I were perfect, I would not know humility.
If I were perfect, I would not be human, because there is no such thing as a perfect person.


I am a unique mess.


It took me DOZENS of quit smoking attempts before I "got it."

I have yo-yo'd on the scale so badly even my scale has stretch marks.

I have yelled at my child and then felt so guilty I couldn't bear it.

I have been an awesome employee. And a slacker.

I have had a perfect credit score. And mismanaged finances so badly I earned a credit score of 411.

I have been a wonderful example. And a wonderful example of what NOT to do. Intermittently.

Embrace who you are and understand that who you are, and where you are, is OKAY right this very minute. It really is. 




"We did what we knew to do. Now that we know better, we do better."

Live. Learn. Try. Rinse. Repeat. Whether it's smoking or weight management or finances or relationships or parenting or drugs/alcohol or ......? We are ALL a work in progress. Progress. Not perfection.

Be human. And don't forget to love along the way. That includes loving your imperfect self.



♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...