Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Soup's On! (And a nod to Amy's Organics)

I am enjoying the Amy's Organic product line in general, but I really love the Amy's Light in Sodium Organic Split Pea Soup.  It reminds me of the kind my mom used to make, only Amy's is a bit more brothy. And doesn't have ham. Or any fat.   Okay, it's not really like my mom's except it's made of split peas. Don't worry, mom, yours is still best.  This is a good runner up!

The nutrition is awesome, too.  A 100 calorie cup packs a whopping 6 grams of good fiber, 7 grams of protein and NO fat.  Weight Watchers calculates a cup to be 2 points and the whole can to be 4.  I LOVE that.  Since veggies are point-free, I can have a can of pea soup which is really stick-to-your-ribs hearty, along with a nice big side salad for 4 points plus dressing.  Not too shabby!

I am really starting to embrace the concept of "you are what you eat."  I don't want to become:


Bisphenol A (BPA)
Sodium nitrite
Modified corn starch
Cullulose gel
Xanath gum
Monosodium glutamate
Potasium chloride (also used in lethal injections)
Disodium guanylate
Sodium phosphate

All of which I just found reading the labels of my other popular name soups (Campbell's and Progresso but Campbell's was the worst in adding things I can't pronounce.)

I want to put quality real and, whenever possible, whole foods in my body.  It seems like my body is thanking me by rearranging itself into a more pleasant shape and by providing me lots of energy to tackle my insane daily schedule these days.  Way to step up, body!  Way to make some good next right choices, Carly!  And a special thanks to Amy, whoever she is, for having the vision to provide a whole line of truly healthy foods for people who also require quick and easy.  You rawk!!!!

♥♥♥

3 comments:

  1. Need a 'like' button this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy. I just might have to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 330 sodium for soup is a good number but a can would give you 660 mg.. a pretty hefty salt lick for a single item.

    Better off sticking to one cup and adding a lower salt side dish. After all its all about balance.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...