Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Willingness

The assistance you need will be provided by the universe as soon as you convert your readiness to willingness.
                                                                ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer


What are your goals, wants, needs, desires?  Where are you heading?  Do you really want to do whatever it takes to get there?

When I wanted to quit smoking, and I'm talking about decades' worth of "wanting to quit smoking," I kept praying over and over for God to remove my desire to smoke.  I was so entirely ready to have Him relieve me of that nasty destructive habit.  But you see, I wasn't WILLING to go through the discomfort, or do the work, or experience the process.  I really was ready to stop smoking.  And I really wasn't willing to pay the price to get there.

I have spent the better part of my entire life wanting to master food, diet, exercise and become "normal."  That was my goal...I wanted to be "normal."  (I learned later in life, normal is just a setting on the dryer and not a real human state.) Please God, please make me not want to eat junk food.  Please make it so I don't even like pasta.  Please God, make me thin.  What I was really wanting was a magician to work up a spell, or a genie in a bottle to grant my wish.  And I really, really was ready to be thin.  Or so I thought.  But I wasn't willing to make the necessary changes - delaying gratification from today's cookies to invest in tomorrow's health - saying "no" to today's nap instead of getting up and walking for tomorrow's fitness.  I had no willingness to do whatever it takes to make it happen.  I couldn't let go of the way I knew and face the unknown.


I'm not saying there aren't reasons for this unwillingness.  I had a boatload of genuine reasons and several not so genuine excuses.  I had to make many "next right choices" over the past few years that have paved the way for me to become truly willing to release this fat and let it go.  And "willingness" is the keyword that is allowing it to happen.

I am ready.  And I am willing to walk away from the dessert tray.  I am willing to get up and hit the treadmill.  I am willing to invest in my health and fitness and I am willing to do whatever it takes to stay the course.  There's no magic involved.  Just a firm core belief that I am worth the effort.  And that is a whole 'nuther blog post.  :-)

♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...