Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baked Apple Goodness

Before my electricity went out this evening, I concocted a yummy baked apple dessert worth 6 weight watchers points.  I don't know about calories or nutritional value, but it's wholesome and yummy.  Most of the points are from the ice cream so you can reduce that greatly by using Lite Cool Whip or something instead of Edy's Slow Churned Vanilla Bean.


Baked Apples For Two
2 apples, cored
2 tsp. organic brown sugar
1 small single serve container Edy's Slow Churned Vanilla Bean Ice Cream


Put 1 tsp. brown sugar into the core of each apple.  
Nuke each separately for 4 minutes. 
 Put half of the ice cream into or ontop of each baked apple.  Eat enthusiastically.

What I really loved about this is that it really is a whole fruit, for one thing.  The brown sugar only adds 10 calories.  It feels decadent and like comfort food.  And it does make for a fantastic dessert.  It shows that you can be creative to get foods similar to those you are used to, only in a healthier way.  It also shows that healthier eating doesn't mean spinach and celery only.  You can eat desserts sometimes and ice cream sometimes and it's just all part of the weekly budget.

I love this saying and don't know who to credit.  I think it was a girl on weightwatchers.com a few years ago:

"With Weight Watchers you can eat anything you want.  You just can't eat everything you want."

2 comments:

  1. Simple stuff. I BAKED these last night for 30min at 350(I am afraid of the microwave). One of the apples disappeared but the rest were tasty. The Edy's Slow Churned ice cream was a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'll try that way next time. Maybe tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...