Next week the event kicks off with a rally and a guest speaker. It will be Antone from the 12th season of The Biggest Loser.
The official "weigh out" will take place April 15th, two weeks after I get back from a cruise. Maybe that will help me stay on track during the cruise, or maybe it will motivate me to work out extra hard while on board.
There are some ups and downs to joining in on something like this.
- Talking about fitness regularly out loud with others
- Something outside of myself to help motivate me
- Sparks a competitive nerve
- Camaraderie and socializing with coworkers
- A sense of belonging. Awwwww.
- My head is my worst enemy. Last time I joined a weight loss competition my focus shifted from healthy next right choices and feeling good to the numbers on the scale and what size I was going to wear. I ended up gaining, not losing, because my head got flipped around somehow.
That's it. My head is the only down side. It's all a head game and since it's my head, I get to win. So I am choosing to join in but do nothing differently than I already planned to do. I will do those things I blogged about yesterday and make this my daily way of life, regardless of the numbers. If I am making the next right choices, cleanly, (without deceiving myself about my progress) then the numbers will follow.
I am looking forward to participating in this and maybe getting to meet other health-conscious coworkers along the way. I'm not going to obsess about it. (No, really.) I am just going to keep doing those next right choices and enjoy the journey. That's how I manage to enjoy life best.