Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Eating To Your Max

I had an epiphany last night.  I am currently back in "diet" mode as opposed to "lifestyle change" mentality.

I know this because last night at 8:45 p.m. I entered my dinner calories into My Fitness Pal and the tracker showed I had 298 calories remaining for the day.  I instantly went on a quest to figure out what I could consume for those calories. This was like a late night Christmas present!  Leftover Calories!  WOOHOO!

A 4 oz. glass of Bailey's Irish Creme on ice is 388 calories, which would put me over by 90 calories. BOO!

But wait!!!!  Even though I didn't officially "exercise", I did walk briskly to and from the parking lot at work accounting for at least 10 minutes. That calculated out to 102 calories. Once I entered that in the tracker I was back under by 12 calories.  WOOHOO!

Then a friend pointed out it was well past the 8:00 p.m. cutoff I normally adhere to and that maybe it's not cool "needing to fill your calorie count" for the day.  Point well taken.  BOO!

I didn't drink the Baileys, had a glass of water instead, left the 298 calories on the table (so to speak) and woke up this morning incredibly happy with the scale.  WOOHOO!

This "WOOHOO" and "BOO" roller coaster isn't really the nice, slow and steady lifestyle I am seeking.  I don't want to be woohoo'ing and boo'ing my way around the calorie tracker for the rest of my life.  I want to make sensible choices based on the day and not try to cram in every possible "allowable" calorie every day just because they are there.

In a true healthy lifestyle, I think some days you are over a smidgen, many days you are under a bit, and always mindful of maintaining balance without being a freak about it.  I mean, that's what I "think" normal is like anyway.  Anyone "normal" want to chime in here?  ;-)

Carly

3 comments:

  1. normal?? Have to get back to you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have an AWESOME friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh lol

    Awesome, amazing, and humble. That's how my friends roll...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to make you type in the "word verification" but I have been getting a ton of spammers lately. Just type in the word that you see and it should go through.

Thanks!
Carly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...